Living Sacrifice

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Ahhhh.....It finally feels like winter. White powder everywhere, icicles hanging off of trees and cars, snow balls, snow angels....I don't care how much people complain about winter. That doesn't change the fact that when I walk outside, I'm taken in by the beauty while the little kid inside of me begins to emerge as a smile creeps across my face. Just last night, I had the craving for a pop (yes, it's a "pop" in the North, not a "soda"), and I remembered seeing a pop machine next to the laundry room in the other apartment complex rather than the laundry room just across the hall. So, I decided that my craving was intense enough to be worth satisfying, and so, in my hooded sweatshirt and silky track "skins" underneath my jeans, I jetted outside in search for the machine. I had no idea it would be so much fun! Of course I was cold, but that added to the adventure. As I ran across the parking lot, I took the liberty of stopping and sliding on the semi-slippery pavement. You can't do that in the summer! :) And it was fun prancing through the snow on the path to the laundry room. In fact, it was so much fun, that I forgot my money, and so when I got to the pop machine, I got to go BACK to my apartment and do it all over again! haha That must have been subconsciously on purpose, eh Freud?
Speaking of my track "skins," I did learn a lesson yesterday: Don't wear silky pants underneath baggy jeans, especially if you aren't going to wear a belt. I almost lost my pants a couple times yesterday, and that's something Miami University just isn't ready to handle.
On the subject of learning things, I learned something else about myself this past weekend: I am a freak of nature. My rib cage is really big and sticks out at the bottom. At first, I thought maybe it was normal....maybe females have different rib cages or something. So, when I had the chance, I looked up skeletal differences between males and females. The only real difference between men and women occurs in the pelvic area and the overall smaller bone density for women. So.....I'm a freak that has a freaky rib cage. Or....I'm "unique".....no, just freaky I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home