Living Sacrifice

Sunday, November 27, 2005

OK.....I am learning that the process of getting to know someone is difficult. When we are first confronted with a new face, we naturally put on a facade of some sort....it's so hard to be real. I met this guy a few days ago, and he came into the theater tonight, and then we just decided to hang out for a bit. It was fun. But I am being reminded of how difficult it is to show someone who I really am, to start from scratch. So, it kind of ends up coming out like this: "Hey, I'm Kim from Waldo, Ohio. I grew up on a farm with very few farm animals, I have a liscence plate that says 'Liv 2 Die,' I have 2 1/2 jobs that don't pay much, and I have a college degree that I'm not using. Oh, and I am leaving on a six-month hiatus in 3 months to go hiking in the wilderness." *laugh* I am realizing how I come across to people.....they must think I'm either stupid or crazy. It's kind of fun, but at the same time, I am just struggling with being where I'm at. I've had more than one person ask something along the lines of "so, you're not a student anymore. What do you do?" I don't know what to say to that. I mean, you graduate and get a job(s). What else should I say? I'm working 40+ hours a week. I do Big Brothers Big Sisters. I volunteer at a women's center in Hamilton. I play music. I watch movies until 5 in the morning at the theater after hours. I hang out with friends. I sit and drink coffee. What else should I be doing? I always just feel like there is pressure from society to be doing more, and it makes me feel more and more like a nobody.

But, I don't want to end this blog on a downer. I'm really not down too much. I think right now more than anything, it's all kind of funny. I had all these false expectations about graduating from college and my life falling into place. But instead, my life couldn't be more random and obscure. I actually like it....I think. But that doesn't make it any less difficult to talk to people about myself. Oh well. What you see is what you get. I'm a poor college grad with a sense of adventure with no clue how to play this game we call life. Well...maybe a small clue. :) Or at least I'm getting there. Slowly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home