Living Sacrifice

Friday, February 17, 2006

Dream

Last night, I had a dream about hiking the trail. That was different. I liked it. :)

I got a really long email from my friend Justin this morning, and it was really sweet. He mentioned that in the beginning when I decided to hike the trail, I was super excited, but that now I seem sad about everything. I guess maybe he's right. I have a lot of mixed feelings now about a lot of things, and I sort of have this sick feeling in my stomach almost all the time. This is me thinking too much about things.....and feeling a certain level of guilt about things.....and me not knowing what the future holds....and me struggling with my relationships with people and with God.

I'm glad Justin pointed this out, though, because I should be excited. And I think I still am, I just sort of forgot. This is an opportunity of a lifetime for me, and I know that though it is going to be hard at parts, it's going to be a really amazing experience, and I'm ready for that. I'm looking forward to learning to live simply without a bunch of "stuff." I'm looking forward to playing my guitar in the mountains. I'm looking forward to spending time with God that I have been missing over the past months. And I'm also looking forward to coming home and seeing the people that I love.

Thanks, Justin, for reminding me that life isn't always a drag like I make it out to be sometimes. Life is hard, but it's fun and exciting, too. Like jumping in puddles late at night in the rain, right? :)

2 Comments:

  • (^_^) yay, Kimmy!

    By Blogger Christi Lee, at 2:14 PM  

  • jumping into puddles is fun, but i wouldn't do it. someone said i am too much of a girl. lol
    remember your dreams kim.

    J

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home