Living Sacrifice

Thursday, January 15, 2009

1 degree and dropping

So, before I say anything serious, let it be made known that it is REALLY COOOOOOLD outside! Oh my goodness. Supposed to be -8 tonight, with windchills as low as -24. Eeeeeeeeeee!

Alright, with that out of the way...

I am so thankful for the decision I made to commit to working with Sean. Had I not done this, I really think I would have run away from everyone and everything by now. For some reason, it seems I am better at keeping commitments to THINGS rather than relational commitments to people. The important thing is that I am here, still living life with the people who have chosen to walk with me through it all. All these people around me, they are the ones teaching me about relational commitments, and how to love someone through anything and everything, because that is what they have done for me. I don't understand it, but it is a gift and a small glimpse into how God feels about me and pursues me and loves me in spite of everything.

When I feel I have a grasp on it, I want to be given the chance to show this kind of commitment and love to others. Not sure I am there yet, but I want it. And I know it can only come from the heart of God, through me, to others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home