Living Sacrifice

Monday, February 02, 2004

Ellen spent the night with me last night, and as always, we had some good laughs and a few quotes to add to Ellen's increasingly funny quote book. I've got to get one of those. Anyway, we talked some about how time goes so fast.....we both couldn't believe we were 21. We talked about how when we were kids, 21 was OLD....you know, mature adults. Well, we decided we were far from either "mature" or "adult." haha We have a ways to go before we gain those titles. And really, maybe it's not such a bad thing if we never do. I think we all grow up too fast anyway.
But, along those lines, I was talking to my boss at the Princess tonight, and he brought up the fact that when he was younger, he always thought he'd be married by 23. And, as I thought back, I remembered thinking the same thing....thinking I'd be married at about 22 or so. Funny how our perspectives change so much over time. Neither one of us has marriage in the near future, so we had a good laugh about it. BUT.....then anytime I'm around my apartment, I hear words like "fiance" and "wedding cakes" and I see bridal magazines and all kinds of CRAZY things and it makes me wonder if I'm falling behind everyone else! lol Not really. It seems logical that I might feel a little left out by living with two brides-to-be, but I don't really feel that way at all. But, it is just kind of weird to think that this summer, one of my best friends from college will be uniting with her fiance and becoming one with him as his WIFE!!!! And she's younger than me. And this won't be the first person I've known to get hitched in the recent past that has been my age or younger. It all just kind of blows my mind. MARRIAGE. What a word.
Welp, just got a call from E. She be's comin over tonight again. :) Yay! More funny quotes and joyful laughter into the wee hours of the morning. hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home