Living Sacrifice

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Yep, today has been a good day. :) Thank you, God.

I got the peace of running outdoors without being attacked by cicadas today because it was getting ready to rain. Then I fixed some luncharoo and headed over to Vir's, which was awesome. I love hanging out with her. She has so much wisdom and insight. She really helped me sort through some things today, or at least helped me think about them in a different light. Mostly involving relationships. It's kind of weird thinking that my very own brother and my roomie of roomies will both be living within a 10 second walk of me next year, but they will both be married to two other amazing people whom are very close to me. It will put a new perspective on things for me. I know my time will come.....in God's time. But sometimes I just get kind of lonely. OK.....oops. TANGENT. haha ANYWAY...back to my day. After chilling for lunch and talking with Vir, I headed to the eye docs where I got meself some new specks, which I would like to say make me look like a bug in this picture:



haha Awesome. I like them just because they are kind of out there and not very typical of me. Maybe I'm turning a new leaf......scary. And I think they are funny. I mean, look at me!! Lol

After that, I had to work, which was cool, because I got to talk with one of my co-workers (Scott) about a lot of societal issues, like how the media affects us, how women and men are portrayed, the underlying messages we receive, and other random things like what I want to do with my life (which I have no clue still).

THEN....Girls’ night! It was a lot of fun….refreshing, to just hang out with some gal friends of mine (well, until Eric came over and broke the whole “femaleness” of the night with his boyness, but that was fun, too). We just went to Kroger and the movie store, rented Cheaper by the Dozen, and laughed. We even took time after the movie to pray after Vir returned from a stressful phone call. That was awesome….I mean, not the phone call, but just being able to pray like that at any time and know that God is listening and that there are others around us who want to seek God with us in those moments. Awesome.

And NOW…..I get to watch my crazy roommate Ellen dance around the room as her, Christi, and I get ready to watch some movie called “Ever After” that I guess must be one of those that makes gurls go “awwww,” because it got that reaction out of Ellen and Christi. Don’t know if I’ll make it through the whole thing, considering that it’s almost 2am right now, but we’ll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home