Living Sacrifice

Thursday, May 06, 2004

"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. -Colossians 3:2

Yep, I'm totally done with this semester, and wow, was I going crazy in my car on the way home from my last exam in Middletown tonight. Such a happy time. The next couple days, I will be spending time with my padres in O-town, babysitting, attending a private concert just for me (hehe), helping E move in for the summer (woohoo!), hanging with Tamara, interviewing for a summer internship at the Community House and Crisis Center, visiting Erica's art project with a good friend of mine (my boss! haha), and ending my time in Oxford with a Saturday morning meeting with Glenn, Cathy, and JB. Then I'll be heading to the "Do" for a few days for some quality time with the fam. Yee haw!

The reason I have Colossians 3:2 at the beginning of my blog: I was rummaging through one of my notebooks for the semester and found a page of random scribblings, thoughts, and scriptures, and that verse happened to be one of them. I must confess, the past few days I have found myself very distant from God as I have been digging further into the world of academia....and it's been stinky. I miss Him, and I know my mind and heart have been consumed with earthly things. I'm drowning in them. So, one of my goals for this summer is to keep this verse in mind, and to continue seeking Him thoroughly so I don't become consumed with the consumerism and sexuality of this world. I desire a purity and holiness only my Father can give. Pure heart.......pure thoughts......righteousness.....holiness.....love. God, I love You.

And THANK YOU for the end of this stinkin' semester!!! haha :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home