Living Sacrifice

Friday, February 17, 2006

Packin it

I packed everything into my backpack today and went to weigh it at the tri center. It was 33 pounds. I was, I'd say, pleasantly surprised, although that isn't going to cut it probably, since I still have my guitar to put on it (approx. 3 lbs), water (approx. 8lbs), more food (probably 4 lbs), and a few odds and ends like batteries (probably another 2 lbs in all). Wow, ok....so that's.....48 pounds. Yeah, I have some cutting to do. I'd say my goal for now is 40lbs and no more, and even that is on the heavy side if you talk to other thru hikers. I like this, though. It's a challenge to be innovative. :) I'll let you know when I get everything packed away and done with what my final result is. And I'll prolly take a picture.

Also, I was at the tri today working out listening to rebellious female music, and it really made me want to go hit some softballs. Anyone want to hit the batting cages with me this week???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home