Living Sacrifice

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Updates from the Trail V...

[So I'm skipping a letter, as Kim covered all the cool stuff in her own posts. This is from an Easter card. Enjoy!]

The weather has been fantabulous since the rain stopped on Saturday, & that just makes hiking so much more enjoyable. I've tried out my sandals the past 3 days, & my toes look much better, although the arches of my feet are pretty bad now. I bouth some of that triple antibiotic ointment stuff... I think that will help.

I'm at the post office right now, & they are playing "It's Alright..." which is funny, because I was singing this to myself on the trail the other day. The Huey Lewis version. :)

Anyway, quick trail story before I go. I had to follow my first detour blue-blaze the other day because a bridge was out. Well, I got to the place where the blue-blaze joined the white blazes again, & I was pretty confused as to which way I was supposed to go. I was hot & tired & frustrated, & when I thought I finally figured it out, I saw this amazingly big white cooler sitting on the trail. "No way," I thought. Yep. It was trail magic. I opened it up to find ice-cold apple juice & a laminated weather report for the week. I was so happy. I drank the apple juice in about 2 seconds & check out the weather.

Alright, I'm out of space almost. Thank Christi for the wool & card. She's so thoughtful. [Christi--take note!]

and... Happy Easter!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home