Living Sacrifice

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Small Updates

This is Kim again. I am at an outfitter in Damascus, Virginia, which means I am now in state 4 of the AT....and I'll be in state #4 for a loooong time. Virginia is forever. But that's cool. I'm looking forward to it.

But anyway, I'm not going to post a whole lot right now, just because I hate taking up time on a public computer when it's the only one, and because I am starving and want to try out this little restaurant before I leave Damascus. :) Just a couple new things since the last letter I wrote Jared. I stayed at the most amazing hostel (not HOSPITAL, Doug and Lacey!! ;) called Kincora, located just outside of Hampton, Tennessee. The guy who runs it just has a passion for the trail and for hikers, and he has unlimited amounts of stories to tell about the people who come through his hostel. He and his wife were just awesome. They only charge $4 a night to stay at their hostel, and it was probably the nicest hostel yet. I've heard from other people who know Bob and Pat that they lose money each year keeping the hostel up and running rather than making money, but they just love it so much that they don't care. While we were there, Pinky (a hiker) fixed us all a pasta and pesto dinner with an amazing salad that had baked tomatoes and yams on it. It was fantastic.

Other than that, I've just been thinking about getting into Damascus, since it's such a milestone on the trail. So, I'm here now! Only had a dusting of snow between Kincora and here, and the night of all the really bad tornados and things you've probably been hearing about, we just had really bad storms, and I was at the hostel that night. :)

Oh, Doug and Megan sent me my food package for the last drop off......and they added stuff to it. I couldn't stop laughing. They put notes and pictures in there for me, some kind of tabloid magazine so I could get "the latest news," movie popcorn, some random picture of people saying "go Kim go," and (here's the best) a one-piece PINK outfit from salvo with all kinds of things written all over it, including a "Kimmy22" license plate drawn on the butt. Check this stuff out:



I'm serious, I didn't know what to do with myself. I just laughed and laughed and laughed. I have such amazing friends. And I've been getting lots of messages from peeps on my phone, which really makes me feel loved. Thanks guys. And, Ian sent me a letter! I was so happy. And of course, Jared's been sending me all kinds of great things along the way. :) I find that when I am out on the trail, a lot of my time is spent thinking about people back home. I'm so glad I'm only going to be gone for a few months. I really miss everyone.

OK, so the post was a little longer than I thought. I better go, because I have a cool post to post after this one really quick. :) Miss you all lots! Thanks for the calls, emails, comments, and letters and packages. Love you all so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home