Living Sacrifice

Friday, April 28, 2006

Updates from the Trail VII...

[Sorry for the delay. Received this yesterday, though it's from a few days before. Enjoy!]

4-23-2006

So right now I'm drinking coffee and finishing up breakfast at this little Mom- & Pop place callsed "Weasies." I had a pretty light breakfast since I stuffed myself last night with pizza and ice cream. :) I love little places like this. And get this... I'm sitting here writing to you, & this guy comes up to talk to me about the trail & says his son is on the trail now (Sparrow Hawk) and that was a guy I met back in North Carolina around NOC!! Crazy. So he's going to tell Sparrow Hawk I said hi (he's going to be in Waynesboro in about 2 weeks).

The trail has been great the last few days. There's been a little more train, but sometimes the rain is much more welcomed than an 82-degree sunny day... the sun can get really hot going up mountains, so being cool & wet is nice sometimes.

Speaking of cool & wet, now that it's getting warmer, I took my first dip in a creek. The water was *freezing*, but it was a lot of fun. Afterward, I dried off and ate some trail magic fruit. It was a beautiful moment.:)

I've met so many great people... everyone is always so nice, and the little bits of trail magic help keep my spirits up. The green that is grwoing rapidly in the weeds is helping my spirits, too.

Oh, I had fall #18 yesterday. Rain & rocks are a bad combination. It was a funny slip, though, so Bleach & I had a good laugh. I don't know how I fall so much. Not including the snow, I don't think Bleach has fallen once. Hmmm. That's either saying something about me or something about him... what do you think?? ;)

Well, I am quickly running out of room, and this is officially my last piece of paper, so I better wrap it up. I must go. I'm going to try to find the church of the guy who gave me a ride to Waynesboro. My first church trail experience.:) Should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home