Living Sacrifice

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Whew

Hey!!! I'm at the Waynesboro Public Library, and my time is limited. They close here very shortly, so this post is going to have to be...well....short. First and most importantly, thank you everyone for the phone calls and comments and things, especially the phone messages from Easter. My friends rock. :) Megan, I loved hearing the slushie story twice. I probably laughed just as hard the second time. I hope I get to call you so I can hear about Shriver (by the way, for those who don't know, Megan is working at Shriver and you should go visit her because she's awesome).

The trail has been great mostly. Been thinking about a lot of things....a lot of things I want to do when I get back. In less than 2 weeks, I will be in Harper's Ferry, which is the "psychological halfway point" of the trail as they call it, even though the actual halfway point is I think 75 miles or so further north of it. So, that's pretty cool. By then, I will have broken the 1000 mile mark.

Other than hiking, I just miss my friends. I'm really looking forward to coming back home and seeing everyone and getting to take showers every day. *sigh* :) I just paid $1 for a towel and shower at the YMCA here, and now they are going to let us camp out back for free. Sweet. So, after I get off here, I'm setting up tent and heading to do laundry and EAT somewhere. I'm starving, as hikers always are I think.

Love you all and miss you terribly. Thanks again for the messages.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Kim,
    You're welcome! We're all praying for you! Keep your head high. You're doing awesome out there! See you when you get back.
    TJ

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home