Living Sacrifice

Friday, May 05, 2006

Living Sacrifice

Alright, a lot of things going on lately out here on the trail. Thanks, Mom, for updating the site.....she did a great job. Those listings will be my packages drops for the next few weeks, for anyone who was wanting to know where approximately I will be for the next while.

First of all, matters of business unrelated (mostly) to the trail......Jared and I have broken up. I don't want to go on and on and make a big saga out of it. I mean, relationships always seem to be dramatic for me I guess, and since I've never been in one longer than 4 months, I obviously have no clue, but I'm trying to just kind of move on. I haven't decided if it's easier or harder since I am far away. I guess a little of both. I tried to be mature about it, you know.....like crying myself to sleep and waking up and crying some more.....you know, the things that adult females should be doing. *laugh* But really, after the next day, I got better. I just had to do a lot of sorting out of my thoughts and how I went about things out here. I don't think I realized how much energy and time I was putting into thinking about my relationship, and so now that it's over, it's kind of like I've entered a whole new realm of thinking in a way. Hard, but good I think. I mean, I still miss Jared a ton, but I have to work through that. And what better place to be than out here where all I do is think about things. So......in the long run, I guess this is a good thing. Just hard to see it sometimes.

So, the trail. It's been AWESOME the last few days. I've conquered Maryland and am on into PA, and it's pretty flat compared to the rest of the trail, which is a nice break. But now I am approaching the infamous PA rocks, which is supposedly "where boots go to die" as people say out here. lol The rocks, apparently, are very sharp, and there are many......so, people complain that this section destroys their feet. We'll see how I handle it. I have a new pair of shoes coming in the mail in a few days, too, so that may help (thanks, Princess employees!!!!).

I finally caught up to a guy I've been reading about in the registers named Taco.....he's been great fun, very uplifting. We hiked together for probably 5 days, and we both stayed in the Doyle last night. I think now, though, I am moving on....since I want to go a bit further today than he does. This is life on the trail........haven't seen Bleach for over a week, either. But, you get used to seeing people and then not seeing them. It's hard to build community when everyone is going at their own pace. But....I have emails and stuff, and I would imagine that when friends start hiking with me, I will slow down and bit and some of the people I've met will catch up. In the meantime, I am going to try to catch some people in front of me. Like Hatteras Jack. And some others whom I haven't met yet. Looks like they are only a day ahead, but that's a lot of miles to make up.....it'll take me a while probably.

After a couple days, I will have less than 1000 miles to go. That'll be a good feeling. Into the triple digits. :)

Alright, these people at this church are nice in letting me use the computer, but I don't want to abuse my privelage. I should be in Port Clinton, PA, Monday morning to pick up my package. After that, not sure how fast I'll move with all the rocks and things.

Wish I could write more. So many stories and great things over the past few days.......I'll just have to tell them when I get home in a couple months. I'll have a party and have story-telling time. :) hehe

Love you all and miss you much. Next time I write, I may get to write about Joe Foster getting to hike with me!!!! We are trying to work things out for him to come out here within the next few days. I'm excited. :)

OK, I'm off to hike the PA rocks!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home