Living Sacrifice

Monday, July 17, 2006

Life Goes On

My trip to Oxford this weekend was well worth the $45 in gas. Yes, gas is outrageous, and if I don't get a job soon, I'm going to be broke.

I was surprised to find how much I felt at home in Oxford after being gone for over 4 months. Church was especially awesome. Being around everyone there always seems to bring me back to my roots and remind me what life is really all about. I tend to forget a lot. But when I go there, my excitement for God and what He is doing in all of us always seems to get ignited inside of me. And I am always amazed at how much love is felt among all of us there. It's definitely something supernatural, because that kind of love isn't found just anywhere, and I don't think it is a natural human tendency to be that way. It's a reliance on God....no one can take the credit for it. And I am so grateful for the family of people who love me no matter what. And I mean NO MATTER WHAT.

I also got to talk to Micah and visit Megan. Both were totally awesome and made me really happy. And I had dinner with Jared, which was weird I guess, but really good to see him again and give him a hug. Also got to have lunch with Eric and Christi. They are going to be greatly missed.

So after this weekend, I still have no clue what I am going to do with myself, but for now, I am cat-sitting/house-sitting for the next 10 days, with a 2 1/2 day break to go camping this weekend with Veritas. Really looking forward to camping. I miss the forest and the trail, so it will feel good to get the tent out again. And Glenn and Cathy just bought a tent that has a built in front porch, and Cathy said I had permission to sit in it if I came. Sweet. :) The house sitting should be cool, too, because the lady lives right across from the YMCA, and the condos have an outdoor pool and exercise room and all that. It's a sweet complex. My own mini vacation right here in central Ohio. And I get paid for it! :)

Other news: Doug said he'd find me a place to live if I came out there to be an assistant manager. :) And I finally caved and joined myspace. Yep, I'm a sucker.

Oh, I start kick boxing tomorrow! haha That should be interesting. And yoga on Wednesday.

I'm already ready to move out of my parents' house. They're great, but I'm ready to be on my own. I NEED HELP! Arg, I hate not knowing what is going on with my life. And I hate looking for jobs.

Well, until the next blog........

Peace, from the Jobless Bum

3 Comments:

  • It was good seeing you again. I'm glad you get to go camping, too! Didn't think you'd get to come. yay!

    By Blogger Christi Lee, at 10:32 AM  

  • Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 PM  

  • Hey Kim,
    You're not the only jobless bumb out there. lol! i OFFICIALLY JOINED YOU AS OF YESTERDAY. At least you won't be plunging into a sea of debt! LOL! Enjoy camping with Veritas. Say hey to them for me. Hope to see you soon.
    *hug*
    T.J.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home