Living Sacrifice

Monday, June 19, 2006

struggling

"When I get where I'm going
On the far side of the sky
The first thing that I'm gonna do
I spread my wings and fly
I'm gonna land beside a lion
And run my fingers through his mane
Or I might find out what it's like
To ride a drop of rain

Yeah, when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles
I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
Yeah, when I get where I'm going
Don't cry for me down here....

So much pain and so much darkness
In this world we stumble through
All these questions I can't answer
So much work to do
But when I get where I'm going
And I see my Maker's face
I'll stand forever in the light
Of His amazing grace
Yeah when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears
Hallelujah
I will love and have no fear
When I get where I'm going
Yeah, when I get where I'm going."


-Brad Paisley

I have definitely become a closet country listener.

Right now, I'm in Stratton, ME, about 180+ miles from the top of Katahdin, and let me tell you, I can taste the end. And I'm becoming very emotional. And the hiking seems to get harder and harder mentally. In other words, I'm ok...but I'm struggling.

I thought I'd come out here and have some things figured out, but I feel that maybe I am more confused now than when I started. But, I think it's ok. I am where I am, and I'm learning so much. So much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home