Living Sacrifice

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Time with Doug

On the way home from our New England vacation, we made a stop at Hershey, PA, where we took a tour of the Hershey factory and smelled the glorious aroma of melted chocolate. But more importantly, we got to visit Doug!!!!!!!!!!!! He lives about 15 minutes from the Hershey factory, and only about 20-30 minutes from access to the AT, so it all worked out perfect. I got to hang with Doug, see the amazing new theater of which he will be in charge, eat at Mama's Pizza, see Doug's apartment, take a trip to Wally World, and then I also got to show my parents a short part of the trail the next day.

Being with Doug was fantastic. I'm so glad we got to visit him, and I hope to go again soon sometime. The following are a few pics from our visit there. And by the way, Doug wasn't kidding when he said that the people where he lives are mean. They really are mean! I saw it with my own two eyeballs, including a dude swerving in towards Doug car as we were driving....for no reason at all.

Anyway, here are the pics!



Mama's Pizza







Doug's Sweet Place










Doug and I



2 Comments:

  • So glad to see that you are safely home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In record time in my book also. Wow, what an accomplishment! I am proud of you!!! :') I know I never would have had the guts to do what you have accomplished. Sorry I'm late in my congratulations...I did know that you were home as Mimi's phone call to your cell was from the center. Please stop by when you come to Oxford we would love to see you.

    Love, Sue

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:01 PM  

  • I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home