Living Sacrifice

Monday, July 03, 2006

The End of the Journey

On July 1, 2006, 116 days after the commencement of my journey at the base of Springer Mountain, I officially completed my Appalachian Trail journey. Let me just say:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :)

It was a wonderful moment. I hope to have a couple pics to post when I get home. And I had the privelage of summitting with two of my favorite people out here, Pa Bert and Taco. Pa Bert caught me just before the 100 mile wilderness, and Taco a couple days after that. It was fantastic, and I love them both so much.

The climb up was quite a doozie. Approx 4000 feet in elevation change over 5 miles, and that's with a relatively flat first and last mile. Lots of rock climbing. It was an incredible mountain. Of course, though, it was foggy and windy, so we didn't see much, but after about a mile on the way down, it cleared up below us and we could see for miles. It was awesome.

So now what? I'm going to Disney Land! hehe Just kidding. I am, however, vacationing with the fam around New England and then I should be home sometime around the 10th of July. Upon arrival, I will probably head straight to bed and sleep for a week. Then I will crawl out of my hole and visit all my wonderful peeps in Oxford. :) Feel free to call the cellie now. I don't have reception here, but I hope that I can get it while driving around New England somewhere. I hope to make a bunch of phone calls when I can.

Love you all. Thanks for all your prayers and support. Couldn't have done it without that.

I'M FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

For the last time.......Do-Rag

6 Comments:

  • Congrats! You won't receive this for a while, but no matter. So proud of you, and can't wait to see you! *HUG* Have fun with the fam. (^_^)

    By Blogger Christi Lee, at 10:56 AM  

  • Congrat Kim. It must be an amazing thing to know you accomplished this. Have fun with your familly.

    -Amanda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 PM  

  • Congradulations Kimmy! That's awesome news! Knew you could do it! Enjoy your vacation. Hope to see you very soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 PM  

  • just WOW! Congrats!

    By Blogger Justin, at 3:27 PM  

  • I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 PM  

  • Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://googleindex.info/776.html and http://google-machine.info/1286.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home