Living Sacrifice

Saturday, May 29, 2004

ok.....so, I don't usually pay much attention to cars at all....not at all really. But, last night as I was walking uptown, I must admit, that for about 5 minutes, I was sucked into materialism as I saw the coolest car I have ever seen.



It was a yellow Lamborghini Murcielago, a $280,000 car. I guess what caught my eye was when the doors electrically opened up like wings on the side.



Now THAT is cool. And it was so funny watching other people’s reactions. I mean, it’s a wonder no one got hurt…..people walking across the street were gawking instead of watching where they were going, and, of course, people in big trucks were looking at the car and revving their engines instead of paying attention. And, to top it off, the fabulous owner of this monstrosity of a car had a bodaciously beautiful babe with blond hair to sit in the car and look almost as gorgeous as the Blond Beauty herself (the car, that is). This guy had it all.

I wonder what it’s like to have everything you want….or what it’s like to be known for what you own. I mean, if I ever got to know this guy, for a while, until I really knew him well, I would just know him as “the guy with an awesome car.” It’d be kind of weird. I mean, what happens when things like that get taken away? What if that guy got in a wreck and his car was gone? Then what?

I guess I’m just going through this to remind myself that nothing is permanent, except my spirit which dwells forever with God. Why store up and put great value on treasures on this earth, when God can take them away any second? Don’t get me wrong….it’s ok to have “stuff,” you just have to be careful about how much of yourself you are investing in that “stuff.” I am reminded of a story Spencer told me about Dave Nixon and how his car was stolen….and he was able to just kind of shrug it off, as in “God gave, and God takes away.” This whole kind of attitude of “I’ll be ok without it.” He wasn’t attached. Sweet.

Even then…..I still can’t help but admire the works of man’s hand on this car. Haha It’s a work of art. But I’ll keep reminding myself that nothing’s permanent….nothing last forever. Even fame and fortune die. But not my spirit and my treasures in heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home