Living Sacrifice

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Had to go into the theater tonight so that my boss, Doug, could show me some new stuff (for anyone who knows anything about movie theater life, Thursday nights are the big night, when everything happens). He's going to be going on vacation sometime soon, and so he needed someone to know how to do Thursday nights. Well....guess that's me. Yep, I guess that kind of means I'll be in charge.......WHOA......scary.

I also got to experience my boss eating a live cicada. He just popped the head off, took the wings off, and then crunched away. And yes, it certainly crunched. haha He said it tasted like scrambled eggs. MMMMMMMMMM!

I also went to visit a pregnancy center in Harrison today. That was pretty cool....for an update, I've kind of been put in charge of putting together a committee to decide how the new women's center in Hamilton is going to operate when it opens in October. It's all pretty exciting, to think that I get to share my ideas with other Godly women, and then actually see them put into action to help other women who are in need. But....I don't know much about any of this at all, so right now I'm just trying to educate myself so that I can do the best job I can at organizing this stuff. I hope to visit several other places sometime soon, and get to meeting with these other amazing ladies. I must tell you, it was cool talking to the lady today at the crisis pregnancy center. Her name was Jamie, and she just really had a compassion for what she is doing, and she had a lot of good advice to give me. A very very wise, faithful woman. I'm sure there are many more out there that I will get to meet very soon. :)

Other than those things going on, I've also had a lot on my mind as far as relationships go. I really have a distorted view, and I can never seem to do anything right. Just been struggling with finding who I am in God so I can stop seeking out fulfillment in other people, because it's not fair to them, and it's not fair to God, nor what He desires from me. I've found myself spending a lot of time the past couple days just sitting around staring at walls and computer screens, crying and thinking about things. It's been really hard. I guess the question that follows is: what am I going to do with all of this? These feelings? There's a lot of hurt and sadness....

Opp. Just got a phone call. Doug needs a ride to Colerain tonight because his contacts are messed up and he doesn't want to drive. Looks like it'll be a late one.....It'll be good for me, anyway. I need a drive. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home