Living Sacrifice

Friday, March 25, 2005

Now is the moment for me,
I’ve had my time to sit,
I took my hot chocolate
And my thoughts,
And your words,
And some music.
I read, and I read.
I laughed, and I cried.
Your words are able to touch
Something deep inside.
I begin to question
Why so much hate,
Why this self-destruction,
Why I see things differently
Than those around.
I am influenced by the enemy
I remain where he wants me.
But then actions and words
From you…
They shatter my truths,
Which are really lies.
And instead of myself
The enemy I begin to despise
Still caught in this depression
In this sadness
Still in this fear.
But your words cut deep
You’re lack of fear
To be real with me
You’re courage and boldness
To speak your mind
All this, in and of itself
Is beautiful to me.
Though there are no notes
It is music to my ears.
I don’t know what life has for me
I don’t know what angels will come,
What God has in store.
But for now, I know I am loved.
God speaks through your poems
To tell me how He sees me.
He uses your words
To sing sweet songs to me.
I am loved, I am adored,
I am accepted. I am ok.

Thank you, for your beauty.
For you are beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home