Living Sacrifice

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Yes, I made it to Oklahoma! The trip was wonderful....many hours in the car of thinking, crying, singing, screaming, relaxing, tensing, gazing, almost sleeping (oops! Pretend I didn't say that), praying, and contemplating. Did I ever mention that I love road trips? :) It was a little more difficult getting here based on the fact that I had had no sleep, so I had to stop every hour and a half or so to just get out of the car to wake myself up a bit. But besides that, it was great. I did get to stop by the House of Prayer in Kansas City, though I only stayed for a little while. I don't think I came at a great time, giving that I arrived only a couple hours before the time when I think they had a more structured service....since it was Sunday. So, I felt a little out of place as the peeps in dress clothes started to roll in....so I decided to stroll out. The time I did spend there before most of the people arrived, though, was very nice....a peaceful time....and I was able to read and pray a bit before taking a nap on the floor between two rows of chairs as the most beautiful worship songs were sung by female vocalists on the piano. :) I also bought a House of Prayer CD for the rest of the road trip. So, it was time well-spent. I would like to have a chance to go back again sometime, though, when I can stay for a longer period of time on a day other than Sunday.
So, now I'm in Oklahoma with Micah. It's been awesome hanging out with him. I think I brought the Ohio weather down here with me, but it's been nice enough. We've visited a couple museums in the area, rented a couple movies, made meals and eaten out, and just plain hung out talking and playing random music. It's been a lot of fun, and I've had time to relax and enjoy myself as well as the company of a noble friend. :)
Tomorrow we will be adventuring to a house church in northwestern Oklahoma City (yes, a house church!), so I'm really really excited to check out how God is working down here. The lady I talked to on the phone was super nice, and the way she described their house church sounded very very similar to Veritas. It's cool how the Spirit moves on the hearts of the people in similar ways. Seriously, I'm really excited to go tomorrow nite. I found out about this house church by searching the web. It sounds like there are many little house churches connected to one big church in Oklahoma City called Bridgeway Church. I will be sure to blog about it afterward. :) Then, after attending church, Micah and I will be heading to Musashi's for authentic Japanese cook-in-your-face food. I'm almost as excited about that as house church. lol Just kidding. Well, kind of. ;)
Anyway, if you read this and are inclined to pray, pray for divine connections for Micah and I tomorrow at house church. Let it be God's will and not mine, but I really desire to see Micah get connected to other believers down here where he will feel welcome and loved as part of a community. I know God desires this for all of His people, so He no doubt desires it for Micah as well. If this doesn't work out, then it wasn't His will and it will still be a sweet experience. But I do hope and pray that it is more than just an encounter with other believers. :)
*hug* For all Ohioans reading back home, I am really missing you all! I'm having a great time, but I'll be ready to return and see my friends again. Love and peace to all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home