Living Sacrifice

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Well, it finally happened. After many many times of being warned by friends and family, someone finally stole from my car. It happened sometime between 3am this morning and 2:30pm this afternoon. So, I have finally been given a reason to lock my car and not trust people, which really stinks, because I liked feeling safe leaving my car unlocked. I had several tennis rackets in the back seat, most of which were Spen's, as well as a couple bags for the rackets and some balls, all of which were Spencer's. My church offering money was also stolen, which I keep in the arm rest between the seats so I can put my money in there as soon as I cash or deposit a check so I don't forget. I'm assuming it must have been some younger kids, because they didn't bother stealing my check book or my car (my keys were in there, too). Now, if all of the stuff stolen was mine, I wouldn't mind so much. But, the money belonged to the church, and the most of the tennis stuff belonged to Spencer, and so I feel a responsibility to pay it back. I don't know......I mean, it all happened because I was irresponsible. I told Spen I want to pay him for his rackets and stuff, but he won't let me. Then there's the church. I don't know if I should pay more money to the church or not. I'm still thinking about that. I don't really know how to feel right now. I feel kind of disappointed and a little frustrated, but I suppose some good can come of it. God can work the situation. I'm just trying to figure out what my role in all of it looks like. I'd like to pray that God would convict whoever did that to the point that they turn themselves in, which if God desires that, could definitely happen, and I would have a chance to show grace and mercy to the person. I'd even let them keep my racket just as long as they returned the money and Spencer's tennis stuff. But, all of that is very unlikely. So instead, I am just going to have to start locking my car. Stink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home