Living Sacrifice

Monday, September 12, 2005

I simply want to write about my cool day today.

First, I got to go to Vineyard and experience a service there for probably about the 4th time ever. I really like that church, and the message today was cool.....it was about pursuing your God-given dream, and not settling for less that what God has planned for you. But, as one guy put it, it means being "willing to trust God beyond what is rational." Do I? Ha, no way. But I can work on it. I like the idea, because I know what He has planned is so much greater than the plans I have for myself. As far as my God-given dream, I'm not really sure what that is yet, but I can explore that as well.

After that, I watched as one of my new friends from Kofenya was baptized in a pond behind the Vineyard. Pretty sweetness, to see the connections between the people there and to be reminded of the importance and really just the utter awesomeness of what it means to be baptized into the family of God. It was a beautiful day for it, too.

Later, I of course went to church again at Veritas, which was really nice tonight especially....there seemed to be a refreshing feel to it tonight, or it could have just been me. I don't know. But I know Ken and his family always put a new perspective on things....it's so nice to have kids around. They just add another element to church and family that nothing else can add.

I then got to talk to Oklahoma Micah on the phone, which was awesome as always, and then we talked for a while on IM.....and through conversation, I once again was made aware of the fact that I need to work on self-depreciating thought patterns. I kept thinking that Micah didn't like me or that I did something wrong, so I kept asking him, but I finally realized that it has nothing to do with Micah and all about me and how I perceive myself and situations. We had a good Godly talk about it, and I was reminded that I really need to fix how I view myself, not just for my sake, but for the sake of the people who love me and care about me. Workin on it! :)

And finally, my boss (Doug) is here staying the night with Spen and I....our first official guest to stay in the guest room!!! It's pretty exciting, and we shared a lot of laughs and stories tonight. I felt kind of bad, though, because I think I got so excited about him coming that I kind of freaked him out by overwhelming him. I asked him on the phone if he wanted me to fix something for him for dinner, and then I asked him what he wanted for breakfast. I didn't really think much of it, because that's just what I like to do and what I would do for anyone, but Spen pointed out that I better cool it because I am probably freaking him out. Which, after Spen said that, I realized that I probably was. Spen said "Just be yourself," but I was like "I WAS being myself!!!" So, I guess I freak people out. lol Cool. No, just kidding. But, I did learn something.....that I have hung around Christians so long who are so willing to share homes, food, and relationships that I forgot what it's like to be outside of that kind of connection and community.....that it might appear to be a bit "freaky" for someone to offer to cook you a meal and make you breakfast. I'll have to keep that in mind.

So, it's been a great day. It might also have to do with the fact that I didn't have to work today, either. lol Regardless, I enjoyed the day and I feel revitalized for what tomorrow may bring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home