Living Sacrifice

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I went to a funeral today. It was for McKenzie's grandpa (my Little). I'm really glad I went, for several reasons. One, I think it meant a lot to their family that I was there. Two, funerals are good things in the end, because (if the person loves Christ) the funeral means the continuance of life into something so much greater than we could imagine here......and to be reminded of eternity with God is a great and awesome thing. Three, funerals make me think about life (as I think they do for anyone) and what it's all about.....and that it ends at any time God pleases.....and that it is not a thing to be taken for granted. As someone dies, it seems that life becomes more real to those who are still living. It's an interesting phenomenon, and one that I think is needed sometimes in order to help people grow.

Today, I also got to talk to Leigh, who is one of the most amazing people I know. I haven't talked to her since probably last spring, and she just happened to be walking by the theater and saw me....so we chatted for a while. I am so happy for her...life just seems to be great in many ways for her right now. She has SUCH a cool story about the guy she is dating right now. She had been praying for him for like FOUR years to find Christ (not out of selfishness, but out of love for him, as she does for many people), and just last spring, he accepted Christ, and Leigh was just going on about the drastic changes that have taken place in his life. And I mean DRASTIC. Nothing short of something only God can do. And now they are dating each other, something she hadn't necessarily forseen....and it's just so amazing to see how things have worked out for the both of them because they are being diligent in following God. He is surely blessing them in so many ways, and I was just overwhelmed with excitement for them. And I was just excited to see Leigh! :) So.....I guess I am now going to a Talawanda football game on Friday to hang out with her and Mike. haha I haven't been to a high school football game since probably my junior year in high school. So it should be a lot of fun. Well, I know it will be fun, because Leigh will be there! :)

Oh yeah....that means I won't be having a cookout here. Sorry if anyone was planning on coming at all. I hadn't decided for sure what I was going to do, and since this came up, I think I'll grab the opportunity. I should probably get out of this apartment for a nite anyway. God knows I need it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home