Living Sacrifice

Monday, October 24, 2005

So, there’s some cool stuff going on in my life lately. Here’s an update:

-Erica is coming to Oxford from Iowa for 4 days and is staying here with Spen and I from Thurs-Sunday. YAY!!!!!!! I can't wait. :)

-After a conversation with Joe (a Kofenya co-worker), my desire to hike the AT and/or the PCT has been rekindled. And now...the way my life is, I can actually do it if I wanted to, since I haven’t found a full-time, salaried, benefited position (and haven’t really been looking right now). If I do it, I’ll probably leave in March. I might start looking into it. I’ll need to save a lot of $$ for gear, supplies, and information books. It probably won't happen, but I'm considering at the moment.

-I’ve currently picked up the hobby of reading Doug’s old livejournals. It’s great. I love it.

-Today is Kara’s b-day. She’s a quarter of a century old. That’s so awesome. :) I love her a whole lot. Lots and lots.

-I’m moving up in the world. I guess since I am a manager and have been working at the theater for so long, Doug has now granted me permission to bring up to 10 people on the Thursday nite showings of movies. He just popped it on me yesterday out of no where. You have no idea how excited I am. But, I also don’t want to take advantage of it. I’ll probably still try to stick to one person for the most part.

-I have recently become infatuated with the piano again. It was kind of lost to me for a while as I got into guitar, but now the fire is being rebuilt, and I love just hanging out here and playing songs, learning new ones, listening to CDs and figuring out the piano parts, etc. It’s wonderful.

-This Friday at 10pm, Kofenya is having an open mic night. I’ve been contemplating playing...maybe..I don’t know! It makes me nervous just thinking about it. But Nicole keeps telling me I should play, and I think it’d be a good stretch for me. I’m going to keep thinking about it.

-I bought another Over the Rhine CD today. That makes 5 OTR CDs total, and yet I own: zero. Interesting. Lol Well, besides a burnt one from a friend that I am trying to rid myself of.....oh, but it's so hard!!! :)

-Joe, Kathryn, and I are studying “Mere Christianity,” and the topic of evolution has come up a lot. So, I think I am going to do some research on evolution vs. creationism. If anyone has an resources or good input, let me know!

-I feel good today....that doesn’t happen very often lately. So, cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home