Living Sacrifice

Saturday, September 24, 2005

welp, today (or really yesterday now) was my birthday. And if I remember right, I did the same thing last year, but I'd like to write about my day. I always think that it's not going to amount to much, but it always seems to turn out pretty sweet in the end, so.....here was my day.

It all started at about 3am, when I got home from work and already had two birthday messages on my phone: one from Cathy and one from Lacey. Cathy was so sweet....she was afraid she'd miss me today, so she had to call ahead of time and make sure that she got her happy birthday in. :) Lacey's message was hilarious, because she evidently set her alarm for 12:01am, and so she had just woken up and then called me to leave me a message because she wanted to be the first to wish me a happy birthday. Man, I love her so much.

I came home to find the DVD Crash on my bed with a card made by the one and only Spencer. He's so good at giving gifts. He always knows just the right thing to get somehow.

Today I also got to talk to Vic with whom I haven't really spoken for a little while.....he wished me a happy birthday and sent me an e-card. It was awesome.

Daddio drove all the way to Oxford to visit me. Now, I wasn't feeling all the hot today as far as my health (some kind of cold or sinus thing or something) so I was pretty groggy and slow and lazy while he was here....so I hope he didn't interpret that as me not wanting to spend time with him. But regardless, we got to go out to eat at Bob Evans and spend a little time together. He also brought me a little arrangement of flowers that are beautiful. AND....he brought me a box full of stuff from Mom (shampoo, cleaners, hair gel, etc) and also a nice card, letting me know that they are going to continue to pay my cell bill for another year as a present. SWEET (because otherwise, I don't know that I'd have a cell phone! lol).

JB came over and gave me a card and gift.....a camera bag!!!! Yay! So now I don't have to worry about damaging my awesomely awesome camera which he and Andrea gave to me for graduation. I'm really excited about it. :)

In the mail today, I got a card from Grams with $$ (yessssssss!) and also a card from Ian, who I don't think even knew it was my birthday and was just doing something nice for me.....he sent me a sweet CD in the card, too. And the card was hilarious.

I got to talk to Lace and Mom on the phone briefly, which was cool.

Kara called and sang to me on a message. Amazing.

J and Andrea came in to visit me at Kofenya. I loved that. It's always nice to have people come visit me at work, especially when they are related to me. It was Jason's first visit to Kofenya. I think he liked it.

Doug came in to visit me at Kofenya, and then it turned 12:01am, which is when I decided to tell him that it was my birthday but now it wasn't and that he missed it. lol I felt bad then, because I think I made him feel bad for forgetting, and then 45 minutes later he showed up with a cake and a present. awwww........then I felt even worse. BUT.....he got me a new tennis racket and balls!!!! And the cake was Darth Vader. Yessssss! lol He did tell me that he was planning on getting me a new tennis racket anyway on Monday so we could still play, so then I didn't feel quite so bad. Plus, he said he would have felt even worse if I hadn't said anything and he found out later that he missed my birthday. So, then I didn't feel too bad at all. And he sang to me, and got my co-workers to sing, too. Embarrassing. :) Oh, and he gave me a funny card.

And finally, I came home to my computer to find that Micah instant messaged me, so I got to talk to him for a little bit, and he wished me a happy birthday and said he will call me tomorrow so we can chat for a bit. I'm elated. :)

So, it was an awesome birthday. I had to work, and I didn't feel well, but it still turned out to be great. I'm so thankful for all the people who love me and surround me (and this includes many more people than just mentioned in this blog). A great day. But now I need to get to bed so I can get up and work my 12 1/2 hour shift at the theater. Ewwwwwwwww! lol Nite.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home