Living Sacrifice

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Well, it's been a while since a real blog, so I will make an attempt at one. The last couple weeks have been crazy! I have finally started substitute teaching, which has been amazing! I really like it, especially subbing for gym class. Great fun! :) Makes me consider being a gym teacher. I think I have found a love for the middle school age group as well, so maybe down the road I will get a Masters in edu. But I'll have to take that dreaded test first if I want to do that....we'll see how things work out.

I also had my first official "performance" as far as music goes at a wedding this past weekend. Oh, I was sooooo nervous!!! I don't know if I will ever do that again, but I'm glad I did it. It was a good experience overall, but I just don't know if my nerves could take it. It was aweosme, though, afterward, because more than one person said something to the effect of "You sing so well! I could have listened to you all night long!" and then I also had several people ask me to play at the reception instead of listening to the music that was on. haha I didn't play, but it helped my confidence a little bit. By the way, here's a pic of what I wore to the wedding......


I actually WENT SHOPPING for the outfit, which I HATE and only happens about once every 10 years (ok...that's exaggerated a bit) because I have to buy such bigger clothes than I used to, and I can never seem to find anything that I like, and plus I am horrible at being fashionable, but it ended up ok, and the outfit was very comfortable so I didn't have that to distract me from thinking about playing and singing. Oh, and I got to hear Miss Christi play on the cello for the wedding, too, which is always such a treat. I think if we can find time, we might try to put together a couple songs to play for an open mic sometime at Kofenya. Christi, you need to hold me to this! ;)

Other things going on right now: I have a huge zit on my face which is making me totally self-conscious. lol But I'm dealing. I'm thinking a little more about my fiture and what I want/God wants me to to. I am buying a computer from a friend really soon, so I will finally have a lap top that is actually a lap top and not one that uses a computer monitor and so totally defeats the purpose of a lap top. This means I will be able to travel to Kofenya and get on the internet. YAY!!! I am now talking to a friend I haven't really talked to for a bit, and that's really cool. I'm reading Mere Christianity with two other people from work. It's going to be awesome.

OK, that's the fast update on my life. Oh, and lots of cool peeps have visited me at Kofenya, which makes me feel really happy. And I've been able to see Cathy and Andrea at the elementary, which is awesome. I forgot to tell Cathy how much I liked spending time in her classroom a couple weeks ago.

Alright, I need sleep. I'll try to post more often, and I hope to maybe start writing more songs and stuff.....maybe I will post those here if I feel up to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home