Living Sacrifice

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Well, I did it. After an entire night of people encouraging me and telling me to get up and sing and play at Kofenya, I finally did it. I think there was more to it than me just getting up there.....I don't know. Seems like more was tied into it than just me singing and playing.....like stuff to do with fears and everything. Kara and a couple others even said they were praying for me. It was great. Here's how it went.

Alright, all these other people played before me, and I was extremely nervous and kept telling myself I wasn't going to play, and finally, it was 12:30. Nicole asked if anyone else wanted to play....no one responded. And she had talked to me a few minutes earlier, and so she said "Alright, Kim's going to come up and play a song. She's really nervous so don't look at her or really listen to her." hahaha Like THAT was going to work! But it was funny and helped ease my nerves a little. So I got up there, and people are still kind of talking and stuff, and then I start to play "Ohio." Just as I start, I see Doug walk in. :) Then, after just a couple lines of the song, everyone was like dead silent for the rest of the song. It was crazy. And after I finished, there seemed to be a roar of clapping. I think a lot of it was just people clapping for me because I overcame something that was really hard for me to do, but it was awesome. And then I really didn't know what to do with myself.....it was awkward.....haha....so I just kind of walked around and went in the back and waited for people to stop clapping. And then people LINED UP to tell me I did well. Lots of hugs and such. It was AMAZING. And then a bunch of people cleared out, so I agreed to play a couple more songs. That was much more relaxed because there were mostly just employees left. Oh, and I sang "Changes" with the "f" word in it, which was weird but cool......I gave a disclaimer first to explain why I felt it was important to use the "f" word. It turned out ok....just kind of weird to cuss in front of a bunch of people, but it's a little different when you are singing I guess. Then I just packed it up and headed out for the nite.

It was pretty awesome. I mean, I really feel like I faced some fears tonight, and I'm really really thankful to all my friends who kept encouraging me to play. I don't know that I will ever do it again, but it was a good experience. :) Oh, and sorry to anyone I didn't call to say I was singing.....it was mostly because I wasn't really sure if I would, or when I would, so I didn't want you to come all the way up there and then me not play. And also, thanks for the people who came to watch me play. You are amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home