Living Sacrifice

Monday, November 07, 2005

Well, I pulled my second consecutive 12-hour shift today at the theater, and I had to miss church tonight to do so, which, you know, sometimes makes me wonder if I made the right choice. But, it was an awesome day. It started off with a hug from Spen, and that was awesome. And work just went well in the afternoon. Richard stopped in, and we probably talked for an hour and a half, mostly about ghosts...and I think we decided to disagree on whether they exist or not (you can take a guess which side I take). I also had some cool dicussions about faith and God and stuff with one of my employees, and those conversations always amaze me, because I'm not usually the initiator. And it was funny, because I totally felt this one coming on....I knew it was going to be about God. And no credit to me, God just happens to put these people in my pathway, and sometimes I feel so insufficient, but thank God that His grace is sufficient for me! :) Anyway, it was a cool convo, and possibly opened doors and things, and something he said also really stuck out to me. He said that when growing up in the church, he felt like they were there to give him support, but he never really felt like they gave him the support he really needed. I just found it interesting, because I think that is a profound observation of the church, and something from which the body of Christ can listen and learn.

Anyway, later Anthony and Megan came to visit as we were closing, which was great. We hung out in the office while I did paperwork, and then Megan had to leave for sleep's sake, but Anthony stayed after hours because I told him I would play him a song on my guitar. So we went on the roof of the marquee and I played him a few songs, one of my own, and we talked about a lot of things. It was just amazing.....I love the connections with people here. So many wonderful people. Everyone is so unique, and we get such a diverse crowd at the theater. I really do like my job, and I really like the people there, too. The regulars especially. So, I will go to bed tonight thinking of all the people I saw at the theater today.....Richard, Todd, Woody, Megan, Anthony.....and think about how much I appreciate all of them. And I will also go to bed thinking about the person for which I worked today: Doug. Happy Birthday to Doug!!! :) Nite, world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home