Living Sacrifice

Monday, December 05, 2005

Friday, I was able to use my night off to take McKenzie to the zoo. If you have never been to the zoo for the lights, you need to go. Even though it was freezing, we still had an amazing time. There's nothing quite like walking around tons of Christmas lights with Christmas music playing, sipping hot chocolate and cappuchino with my favorite little 9-year-old. I would like to describe our form of transportation around the zoo as "frolicking." I think that probably sums it up best. And not only were the lights and atmosphere amazing, but the animal houses were open, so we got to see all kinds of cool animals. I think my favorite was the polar bear (which was actually outside, not inside), because he was literally swimming laps around the pool, one way he would be on his belly, and then when he turned around he would flip over and swim on his back. I'm serious.....he looked just like a human swimming laps or something, and he looked like he was having so much fun! Now I know why they called the early morning swim at 4-H camp in 4th grade "the polar bear swim." :)

Saturday's book study was great....really great. I hope to write more about that later.

And I had a lot more to write about, but now I'm getting tired, and I've forgotten all of it. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home