Living Sacrifice

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Time Well Spent

Yesterday was Lacey's 16th birthday. Oh my, she's growing up so fast. I went to the Columbus Convention Center to watch her perform in a cheerleading competition. It was part of the "Aaaanold" (Arnold Schwarzenegger) Classic, which is an interesting event in and of itself. Believe it or not, the governor himself actually makes appearances at the convention, and my mom heard him talk today, though there was so many people she couldn't actually see him. Anyway, the actual expo usually consists of a bazillion high school and college age men walking around, all of whom have extremely big muscles that make them look awkward and walk funny, and they all wear shirts that look like they will rip if they move their arms because they are so tight. I had to chuckle to myself. I don't know, maybe some girls like extremely ridiculously large muscles, but I just think they look silly and unnatural. Ewww.

But anyway.....oops, got off topic a bit there.....Lacey performed very well, and afterward, we all drove back to Marion to have dinner with Dad at Steve's Dakota. It was a lovely evening with the Waldo half of the Birch clan, plus Lacey's friend Kristin, and I'm glad I got to go and be with little Lace.

Oh my! I just realized that I never wrote about Friday night! Or Megan's new job! Man, I'm slacking. Friday night was amazing....Jared took me to see the Dave Brubeck Quartet at Millet Hall, but not before fixing me a most delicious salmon dinner. Both were equally lovely. Dave Brubeck is an 85-year-old man who plays jazz piano, and let me tell you, the concert was outstanding. My two favorite things to observe were 1. How Dave Brubeck didn't care about leaning back in his chair when he played....he looked totally relaxed, and would sometimes even prop his foot up near the pedal! and 2. How the sax player, when not playing, would very happily bounce up and down and sway and smile to the music. You could tell he just loved the music, and that made me happy to watch him. By the way, he was AMAZING!!!!!!!

And Megan's new job......she finally, after waiting and waiting and waiting, got the job offer she wanted at the Shriver Center. I wish I could be faithful like her. All along, people have been giving her words of encouragement, and I remember her even receiving words about how changes were coming and to just be patient, and that God was pleased with her where she was. She was patient and didn't give up, and God was faithful. That gives me encouragement, too.

So cool stuff happening in this weekend. Oh, and I'm leaving in a day and a half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home