Living Sacrifice

Friday, June 02, 2006

Hello My Loves

Things are going so fantastic out here! I can't type much as always because I have already exceeded the 1 hour limit here at the library, but I will try to give some updates.

Hatteras Jack, Woody Crow, and I had a dog follow us for about 16 miles to the road into Rutland. It was hilarious, because of all of us, Woody Crow probably liked the dog the least, and so that's who the dog decided to befriend. :) And it was muddy and rainy, and so the dog would run through the mud and yuck and then shake off on Woody. haha It was pretty funny. Woody really started to get mad at it. And it ate poop, too. We found some people off of rte 4 with a phone and called the owner, and then those people took us and the dog to Rutland to meet the owner and then drop us off. Well, the dog puked in the car....twice. lol It was quite the experience.

I stayed at an amazing hostel in Rutland, VT, where I finally saw a movie at a theater and ate at my first all-you-can-eat buffet. It was an amazing night. And the next day, the hostel people (who run a beautiful organic restaurant next door) fed us oatmeal with raisins and coconut, and I put Vermont maple syrup on top. Soooo good. And then, after doing some work for them cutting up veggies, they sent us off with homemade loaves of bread and homemade granola. Wow. They were super nice. I'll have to check into what they are all about....it was some kind of community living situation by a religious group called "Twelve Tribes".......The word "cult" definitely came up in conversation among us hikers, but I have no idea. I've done no research on them yet. They certainly were lovely people, though. Glenn.....maybe you know some more about them....???

Anyway, it was a great stay in Rutland, but good to get back on the trail. Since then, I've been hiking with Woody Crow (Hatteras had to go back to Colorado for a job.....I was so sad), and it's just been some pretty typical hiking. No seriously hilarious things happening lately. Ran into Bleach again yesterday, who is now already ahead again, since Woody and I are crashing in Hanover, NH. Yep, that's right. I'm now in NH, with 442 miles to go. Whew. That just blows my mind. I've hiked 1733 miles. Wow. And the next time I am on the internet, I will hopefully be able to tell you about my AMAZING experience through the White Mountains, which are coming up shortly.

But anyway, I should probably go, so Woody and I can get to the grocery, so I can set up my tent just north of the soccer field here in town, and so we can go out to eat at one of these high-class, ethnic, college restaurants. oh yeah....if you didn't know, Hanover is a college town, so I feel right at home. It's the home of Dartmouth, and believe it or not, Woody's brother goes here, so we got hooked up with free laundry and free shower. Ah, so nice. :)

OK, love you all so much! Thanks again for all the phone messages and things! I love love love to hear from you. Anytime.

*hugs*

1 Comments:

  • hey you :)

    Thank you for the updates it's nice to hear about your adventure.

    Out of curiosity I looked up the twelve tribes there are two links below one is a neutral review from a web site done by a sociologist the other is from a former member claiming it is a cult.

    I so haven't a clue (and don't have hours to do research:) at first I thought it a cult then a highly conservative church that was being misunderstood I rally haven't a clue they sound fishy so when in doubt....

    http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/tribes.html/

    http://www.twelvetribes-ex.org

    Wow ~ sounds like you are having quite an adventure! we miss you terribly glad you will be coming home soon - praying for you daily be safe stay healthy and for God sake stop falling LOL! :)

    Love you,

    Vir

    By Blogger vir, at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home