Living Sacrifice

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Things that happened today:

1. I babysat and organized some papers.

2. I had an interview at Feet Fleet Sports. It actually went pretty well I think, but....I don't think I want to work there. *laugh* But I feel good exercising my right to choose where I want to work and where I would feel comfortable, and I just don't think that's where I belong. And that's ok. I'm still me and still here and just need to do more searching. It was kind of cool today on the drive home, because I felt a peace that I don't think I've felt before about my job search. I just felt peace about being taken care of by God, that something will work out eventually, I just don't know what and when. I just need to keep searching, but in the meantime, be living my life here and now. It was a good feeling, and for the most part, I still have it.

3. I walked next door to Feet Fleet Sports to check out the outdoor store there. It was AWESOME, and I ended up talking gear with a dude there for about an hour. It really made me feel good, because that's as close as I can get to being out in the woods right now. I was so excited to learn all the stuff he was showing me about shoes, socks, tents, backpacks, etc. He was so knowledgeable. He also mentioned that I might think about getting a job there. HMmmmm.....thinking about it. We'll see. Right now, I have an application at Bass Pro that I'm going to check on tomorrow.

4. I finalized plans to have dinner with TJ and our new friend Mike, who is also blind and has a sweet dog named Plato. I met Mike last week at Kroger and took him back to his apartment, where I found out his b-day was today, and so TJ and I are taking him out tomorrow night. I love making new friends, and so I'm pretty excited.

5. I talked to Micah on the phone. Yay! It made me happy. :) Still trying to work out plans to hopefully visit him in SC soon.....we'll see if things work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home