Living Sacrifice

Saturday, April 10, 2004

On the day we celebrate Jesus's death, I:
-Worked on homework for a good part of the morning and early afternoon
-Spent some time at Hueston woods with my Beeble and geetar in the afternoon sunshine by a rushing waterfall
-Met my entire biological family at Glenn and Cathy's, from which we proceeded to Cincinnati in a caravan
-Got to share some quality car-time with Spen and Little Lace, jammin' to Caedmon's Call and Nickel Creek and talkin' about random things, including stuff about Romans 9 and also "contradictions" in the Bible
-Traveled throughout an amazing display of 14 stations filled with artwork, creativity, worship, scriptures, and prayer to bring Jesus's "Passion" alive (I can't even do it justice)
-Traveled all over the middle of Cincinnati in the traffic as Jared directed me on the phone to his friend's apartment where I was to pick him up (don't ever try this)
-Spent quality car-time with Jared, including a conversation about how we make our own rules and set our own limits (according to Jared....we live by no rules except the ones we set for ourselves)
-Stopped at Steak and Shake to say hi to everyone
-Stopped by Papa John's so Jared could say hi to his friend Gary
-Dropped Jared off at his parents' house
-And now I'm back here. Whew...what a trip. It's been a real day for me....ups and downs alike. Right now, I still feel kind of lost and empty.....a feeling I seem to have a lot. But tonight's Good Friday artistic display helped remind me of a few things that we all need to be reminded of sometimes: My life is not to be lived for me; I am to take up my cross and follow; God needs to envelop every aspect of me; I am His; I need to be comfortable with who I am in Him; this is what I am living for; He died for me...for my sins....because He loves me; even when I suffer, I need to get past my own pain and see into the faces of others who need Jesus.

I see a need for compassion and humility in my life. A great need.

Thank you, Jesus, for Your humility, compassion, and sacrifice.

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."
-Isaiah 53:5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home