Living Sacrifice

Thursday, March 18, 2004

Wish I could chill every night at a coffee house with my little bro studyin' the Bible. Awesome. It's been great just being here with Spen and having someone to talk to about scriptures...someone who's genuinely excited about what God is doing. I think when someone gets excited about Christ, it just radiates from them, and it becomes kind of contagious. I wanna be like that.

Yesterday, Spencer also said something significant to me. We were talking about struggles with temptation, and Spencer told me how whenever he is tempted, all he has to do is call on Jesus and the temptation just kind of dissolves away. He made it sound so easy…and I guess, well…I should be. Isn’t that what Jesus offers? God always provides a way out for us. I suppose this was significant to me because no one had told it to me that plain and simple before. Spencer couldn’t understand why people had to make it so hard…why we always have to fight to try to do it on our own and then always end of failing. That’s the story of my life….never calling on God because I always think I can handle it myself and then failing every time.

Spen’s right. It should be simple, and because God is not restrained by time, he sees beginning and end, and in the end, the battle over satan is already won, and so….there really is no battle. We call on the name of Christ, and He shows us that we have already defeated satan, even in the midst of temptation. Wow….God is awesome!

"He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son." -Revelation 21:6-7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home