Living Sacrifice

Sunday, April 18, 2004

So much happened this weekend, so I thought I'd give a little recap, because if I try to write details about everything, it will be a book! (details about certain things may come later....). So here it is, starting with Saturday:

-led worship for a beautiful group of Godly women (they were radiant). :)
-Wrote a love letter to God
-Received lots of hugs and love
-Learned that I need to face my pains and hurts in order to be healed, rather than stuffing feelings down by hiding in work, sin, or whatever else I use to cover over my real feelings. I know that facing things and allowing myself to feel will allow me to present those feelings as real before my Lord so He can do something with them.
-Learned a TON about community and fellowship....and how we can grow so much more with the Lord when we are with other people who are seeking Him
-Was able to hear how other people see me outside of the lies of how I see myself
-Received a very significant gift from Vir, and found out my name means "Dwells in Royal Meadows of Grace"
-Drove to New Paris, where I busted out my trashcan-banging moves
-Headed to Minster, Ohio, where I was privilaged to take a night walk on the town with my best friend (besides Jesus, yo! Well....He was there, too. :) )
-Woke up a couple times in the night with a horrible sore throat and ear ache, which was fixed in the morning, however, by the TLC of the Presswood family (watching Little Women must have helped). hehe
-Spent some quality time with Ryan at Lake Loramie State Park....reading the Bible, having water-distance-kicking contests, talking (sometimes about some pretty outrageous things.....lol), and running into the freezing cold water and swimming long enough to feel numb (about 60 seconds).
-Hugs and goodbyes
-Hugs and hellos at Veritas....community....love....brothers and sisters
-Was shown that I am appreciated as a woman of faith by my brothers in Christ tonight (through a blessing they read as they surrounded us (the women) as we sat and smelled a rose they had given us)
-Began (and and still just beginning) to feel my place as a woman, and more importantly, a woman of God and what that means and looks like
-Got to talk to my older bro for a few minutes (which was awesome)
-Enjoyed the company of "prophetic" Bill (as Virgi introduced him to me a long time ago and I will never be able to get out of my head).....and....he said a few things that I really liked, so I thought I would share those to end my account of the weekend:

Bill pointed out that he thinks God wants us to be real with Him. He used the example of David...and how in the Psalms, David often said he was angry with God or questioned God....but in the midst of that, he also praised God. So it was kind of random....just, "this is how I feel" kind of thing. And God looked upon David with delight because he was being real....

Bill also pointed out that men, in general, are lied to their whole lives about what to expect from women, getting many ideas from parents (but society certainly doesn't help). He said that men need to get in touch with the Holy Spirit of how to release women from the expectations that many hold for women that are not Godly expectations. I guess it was just refreshing to hear him say that......to just be reminded that there are men who are seeking God and desire something else in women besides physical attractiveness, but to also hear in his words somewhat of a confession of a struggle in that area. Because I think until men acknowledge the struggle, they will continue to feed the lies, always having false expectations, and never be satisfied. The world teaches women to be shallow....skin deep. But in a relationship, God desires much more of women, and of men, and what He offers through that is so much more that physical beauty and sexuality. I wish the world could see that.....because it makes it hard for people like me to believe truth about who I am. But I am learning, and this weekend has been such a blessing......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home