Living Sacrifice

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Well, I have to skip posting stuff from The Severe Mercy in order to make an annoucement (since it is now public): MRS. SHAINA ROSE HORNER IS HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *grin* hehe Incredible stuff. This girl is younger than I am, and already married and having herself a child. Yes, that's right. Wow. My hat's off to her, and I'm SOOOOOOO excited for her and her husband. YAY!

On other notes, my secret was a SURPRISE bridal shower for my two favorite brides-to-be, Miss Christi and Miss Andrea. Congrats to them, and the party was a hit! Neither had any idea about the party, so that made it even better. The party included blue lights and lots of decorations, food stuffs (with a most excellent punch made by Cathy Johnson.....her first time, by the way...she's a natural), a "how well do you know the brides" quiz, the Newly Wed game (altered slightly), a hilarious scavenger hunt that involved running around uptown in pajama pants and doing funny things with boxer shorts (pictures to come later), late-night Sundaes, lots of presents, lots of laughs, sleeping bags and pillows, and pancakes for breakfast. If I had more money and a lot of time to blow, I'd have parties like that more often. :)

A few thank yous in case these people read my blog: Thanks to Mom, Dad, and Lace for helping me get ready yesterday, to Cathy for punch and coffee, to Cathy and Ashley Taggart for drving all that way!, to Jason and Eric, who helped pull this whole thing off (couldn't have done it without them), to Ellen for putting up with the mess, to Shaina for sacrificing her first night away from home without her husband, to Andrea and Christi, who were so much fun and put up with all of our silliness, and to God, who makes marriages so symbolic, wonderful, and beautiful, and who created Love itself.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home