Living Sacrifice

Saturday, June 19, 2004

Over the past few days, I have experienced some really beautiful things. So, I wanted to take a few minutes to blog about them. So, this is my list of beauty. *smile*

-Thursday night, I went uptown by myself to the music festival. The music was decent, but what intrigued me was the dancing children in the front. They were beautiful, so free to be whoever they wanted to be, with no restrictions, dancing in whatever fashion suited them best. I just clung to a light post and watched them in delight and amazement. I found myself laughing and smiling, even at the few slightly older “children” who were brave enough to get up and let their spirits fly to the music. Hehe

-Earlier this week, I read a book by Rebecca St. James called “Wait For Me,” and I found comfort and beauty in her words of wisdom, and I was reminded of the beautiful love God has created for us, from him and from a significant other (if we are not called to singleness), and that God has a specific person in mind for me in His own timing. And so I don’t have to worry about it. Maybe I’ve already met my future spouse and don’t know it, or maybe I don’t even know he exists yet, but there is beauty in the way God has planned things and created us to be and love, and I was greatly encouraged by Rebecca’s words and have more strength now to just be patient, and in the process, dwell even more deeply with my Father.

-This week, I saw two men cry, and I find such beauty in that…..when men find the freedom to show how they are really feeling, because I know a lot of times that is difficult when we live in a culture that shouts to men “suck it up!” One man cried because he was overcome with love and joy, the other cried out of heartache and brokenness. They were both just as beautiful….both tears that can be shared with God.

-I saw two people get married last night, two absolutely beautiful people in love with one another, yet more importantly, in love with God. There is something about the bonding of two authentic Christ-followers that is like nothing else. Their love seeped from them for each other and God, and it was beautiful. The symbolism God has created through marriage is beautiful as well. The bride, probably more than any other day, takes special care to make herself spotless and radiant, wearing white and symbolizing the Church, which is made white, spotless, and pure through Christ’s blood so that we become worthy to be presented to the Father. The groom, also radiant….humble, accepting, honorable, handsome….is representative of Christ, who is perfect and accepts the Church and the people within the Church, inviting them to become one with Him, united in Spirit and Truth. Wow. Awesome. And beautiful. God is so cool like that….all of that wrapped into a ceremony of matrimony.

-I saw old people dancing at the reception, and I could see the love they still had for each other after so many years. It burned in their eyes as they laughed and danced with one another. That was beautiful.

-I saw the bride dance with her father…..I saw the groom dance with his mother…..and then I saw the bride and the groom dance together. All was beautiful.

-I saw people letting loose, just being themselves on the dance floor at the reception. I saw TJ learn some new dance moves, I saw Kevin (the groom) doing Michael Jackson moves (and he was good!), I saw Michelle (the bride) dancing around as if she didn’t have a wedding dress and high heels on, and I saw more little kids dancing in freedom, purity, and innocence. Beauty everywhere.

I love it!! I thank God for all of this. I can’t explain how I am feeling, but it’s really cool, and I feel filled with hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home