Living Sacrifice

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Well, my age finally matches my license plate. Yep, I’ve been waiting for this day for several years. Haha Just kidding. But at least it’s more relevant than having my high school softball number on my plates. One more year, and Kimmy22 is gone for good.
No parties this year, no sleep-overs with little girlies running all around my house, no co-ed hang-outs at my place, no drunken get-togethers (don’t worry, I’ve never had one of those)…..almost just an ordinary day. But that’s what birthdays become when you get older, right? Just another day.

However, there were still quite a few things/people that made my birthday special this year, so I thought I’d run those by. Nice to know that my birth meant something to at least SOME people. Haha And by the way, when I was home, my grandpa and I were talking about how the PARENTS should be acknowledged on birthdays, not the child! So, happy day of my birth to my mom who went through the trouble and my dad who made it possible. *grin*
So, here’s my list of cool things that made this day a little out-of-the-ordinary (well, starting with last night):

Last night, I scrubbed my toilet with my new toilet brush (thanks Lace! *smile*). I woke up this morning and sipped a hot chocolate instead of coffee. MMMMM. I checked my brand new cell phone to see if I had any messages. I read a happy birthday message in my email from Cathy. I looked at the check sitting on my desk from my grandma, and used a new sample spoon she gave me to eat my breakfast (my whole really nice silverware set sits at home home and is finally complete). Listened to a phone message of the most AMAZINGLY sung happy birthday by none other than Neal Spencer himself. Awesome. Was picked up outside Benton Hall where my DAD (yes, he came all the way to Oxford!) picked me up and took me to get a vanilla latté at the new coffee shop. Another MMMMMM! Was presented with a dozen beautiful roses from my pa. Got another message on my phone…this time from my boss singing crazy birthday things to me. It was great. Talked to my momma on the phone, got a few birthday cards (including a little pic from little Lace and one birthday card that excited the bejeebies out of me…..from Micah!! All the way in Oklahoma, and he remembered my birthday! Not only that, but the card got here on the exact day, and reading it made me get all weepy eyed. Haha Thanks Micah!). Had two more birthday song serenades, one being my dad and the other Jason (who whistled the whole birthday tune, as well as left another message with strictly fart noises), saw the most beautifully painted sky just for me on the way home from Middletown, played a rockin game of tennis with Spencer and with my BRAND NEW TENNIS RACKET! Yeah! And now, here I am at home, relishing in the day’s blessings. Still more to come….Jason and Andrea are stopping by later. So many good things today! Maybe it wasn't so ordinary after all. *smile*

Oh, and to add to things, while I was home this past weekend, I was sung happy birthday while 2 candles (you know, 22) sat in a pile of ice cream! I was also offered a brand new TV from my parents, but just couldn’t bring myself to keep it with a clear conscious, knowing that I have a perfectly fine (though a little old) TV sitting in my apartment already. So, that will be returned, which is fine because the new cell phone was a little more expensive than planned.

So that’s a wrap! Happy birthday to me, for the 22nd time. Hehe And thanks to everyone for making it such an awesome day. Love u all very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home