Living Sacrifice

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

It's been a little while....I apologize. Been too busy thinking and meandering around Ohio.

I actually shouldn't take too much time on this blog....so much is on my mind, but I have an exam on Thursday that I've really neglected to study for, so I need to use any extra time I have to study for it. However, I will blog for a couple minutes.

I went to Vir's friend's house (Bill) on Friday for a prayer/worship thing. I had to leave after only 45 minutes because I needed to work at the theater, and really, not much happened in those 45 minutes as people just continued arriving and such. BUT....I feel like I got so much out of just being there for those few moments. Bill is amazing. It was "while I was praying about this" or "God showed me this" or "I felt like God wanted me to do this" etc etc. I almost forgot that there are people out there that are so in tune with God....thoughts of Him consuming every moment of time and every ounce of being. I've forgotten what that's like, to see God in every little thing. Sometimes I feel like I've almost lost God completely, but then there are people like Vir and Bill who remind me that God does still exist and is very real. I didn't learn much on Friday, but I got a small sniff of the beautiful frangrance God has created for us, a fragrance I've almost completely forgotten. It felt good, even if it was only for a few moments. I hope God continues to draw me and that I learn how to get past whatever it is that is blocking me from Him.

Anyway, I'd like to end with a bit of advice my former piano teacher gave to my mom to give to me. Here it tis:

-When you are feeling depressed, pray for other people. You will see things really aren't so bad for you, because there are always others worse off. If you focus on yourself, you'll only be heading toward a dead-end street.

Man, ain't that the truth?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home