Living Sacrifice

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Kim's song pic of the week (not like I'll keep up with this or anything):

Miranda Stone's 7 DEADLY SINS

Before bras and boys and periods
Oh the summers we would have,
Running everywhere with our shirts torn off,
Making all the neighbors mad
I was gangly like a corn stalk
With a monster list of plans,
And that was my life before seventeen
And I spun my wheels in the sand

But then the boys could suddenly wound you
Till you bled without trying
And the girls could suddenly wound you
Cause they were experts at lying
And you found out how to act hard and
the secret spots to cry in and
my hips grew in
In the year of the seven deadly sins

These clever things that we learn when we get older
When every wicked thing we do can make us bolder
How to steer a conversation, how to swallow our libations
Till even warmer smiles can make us colder
So I drove south like a ghost into Georgia
Singing "Lonely One" with Mr. Gibbons, feeling
Always disappointed, though the word has been anointed,
My little faith feels always cut to ribbons

Cause the boys will suddenly wound you
Till you bleed without trying
And the girls will suddenly wound you
Cause they're experts at lying
And you found out how to act hard and
the secret spots to cry in and
my lips begin
another year of the seven deadly sins

But today is going to be different
You can stop the leak when you know where the hole is
Cause a thousand yesterdays have kicked the crap right out of me
But today I'm going to throw a few of my own punches
I'm gonna drink from the living water
I'm gonna eat from the broken bread
And the day I finally get into heaven
Ends the war between my heart and my head

Cause the boys will suddenly sing
Till you see without trying
And the girls will suddenly bring
A little mercy for the dying
And you'll find out how to give love
the secret spots to shine in and
my lips will grin and say goodbye
to the seven deadly sins
say goodbye to the seven deadly sins
the seven deadly sins



I was just watching some kids this morning at the rec center, running around and just being kids. They have so much freedom, so much funness and creativity, so much purity and innocense. And I think that's what God desires for us....to be brought back to that kind of freedom. Come to Him like a child. I wanna be like that! And I want that for everyone else, too....to know a Father's love so great and to know so much freedom from our sins and our wounds. How awesome! I know it won't come completely until we die, but God does offer us freedom through truth, which seemed to be a big focus of my readings this morning in a couple books I am reading. Freedom comes from TRUE TRUTH and liberation from the lies. God, expose the lies and shine Your Truth not only in my life, but of the lives of those around me...to those who are looking, to those who are seeking, to those who are hurting and dying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home