Living Sacrifice

Thursday, December 23, 2004

I have to say, tonight I am happy to be alive. Literally. I think I set a new record for the time it takes to get from Oxford to Waldo. Let's see.......how about 7 hours? Yes, that's right. It took me 7 hours to get from Oxford to Waldo, a trip that usually takes me around 2 1/2 hours. It was probably ranked right up there as one of the worst decisions I have ever made. I really thought I was going to die. More than once I saw other people fish-tailing on the highway...one dude almost fish-tailed right into me. My wipers kept icing up, so when the semi-trucks passed me with their humongo billows of snow, I couldn't see a thing. I went through fits of crying, and at one point, I was shaking so bad I could hardly keep my hands on the wheel. It was the most horrible experience. I tried to see it as an adventure, but it was just a little too much for me with the wipers not working correctly. When I finally got home to good old Waldo, Marion County was under a level 2 snow emergency. I'm serious...I have never driven in anything like what I experienced tonight. I talked to my mom several times on the phone, sometimes crying, sometimes just snapping because I was so stressed out. But she's awesome. She kept telling me she was praying for me, and then (I found out when I got home) she called people to pray for me. haha So awesome. And it worked. Honestly, I don't know how I didn't end up in a ditch. You have to be insane-in-the-brain to drive out there tonight. I.E. ....ME!

So, thanks, God, for sparing my life and my car and my dignity. :) And to anyone else, don't go driving until the snow stops. It's rediculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home