Living Sacrifice

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Lots of good things going on lately, but also a lot of crazy things, things getting me stirred up. I'm not going to go into detail, but overall, it's all for the good because I know that God works that way. In fact, I guess I should be praising Him for stirrings because that's ultimately how I will learn and grow. And He's still God, and still Lord of all and Lord of me. :)

Got to spend some quality time with Ian yesterday and little today. He's going off to Bowling Green on Sunday, so I won't see him for quite a while probably. He's a great pal....one of those that makes me laugh and laugh. I'll miss him while he's gone.

I find myself thinking a lot about my future, which is natural for someone who is going to graduate in May.....but now I'm starting to allow fear to creep in, and I often let the world pressures get to me....you know, those little voices that tell me I have to do something that pays a bunch of money....something that will "define" me. It's hard to get away from that. Quite frankly, I just don't have any idea what God has in store for my future, career and otherwise. And that's ok. Maybe He's really going to test my trust. And I know, that regardless of where I am and what the world says, He's still going to work through me, which is always exciting. But, beyond that, I am human and I'm even worried just about this semester and being able to keep up with classes and two jobs and all the other random things I have going on. More trust issues. Hmmmm.....maybe a theme? :) Something to work on, that's for sure.

Beyond that, I've been having a great time hanging out with people over break, and I hate to see all my relaxation and time with friends end as the semester starts back up.....maybe it doesn't have to? Something else to work on.....

And, on the side, I still love music a lot and am trying to find my creativity in writing songs for myself and for God, and maybe even to minister to others. Wherever that goes, however it will be used. I haven't recorded for a long time, mostly because of the condition of my computer. But, I finally just said "heck with the computer" and I recorded a song anyway. The computer only crashed once, so I had to start all over, but only once, so it wasn't so bad. If you are interested at all, I think I figured out how to upload the song so you all can hear it. So, here tis:
Glass

By the way, Micah...if you listen to this, excuse my horrid violin! And to everyone else, sorry about the sound quality. I record with a computer microphone and a low grade guitar. It works for me. :) Not sure how easy it is to hear the lyrics, but if you're really that interested, just post a comment and I'll post the lyrics sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home