Living Sacrifice

Sunday, March 27, 2005

So, today is Easter.

For the first time in 22 years, I am not with my entire family. I was really really disappointed at first, but it's starting to sink in now, and it's not so bad. I got to thinking, "You know, I've been blessed to spend the last 22 years at home with my family on Easter. Most people don't even get that." I should be celebrating my family instead of being sad about not carrying on a tradition. I do fear, though, that since it has been let go this year, this will become the norm, because as we get older, it gets harder and harder to get the family together. *sigh* I guess I have to come to terms with that reality and trust that my family knows I love them regardless of whether I am with them or not.

On other notes, I'm really really excited that Jesus died for me, and that he rose again! I have unlimited second chances. I'm a piece of poo, but God makes me into something. Let everything in my life be to His glory and the edification of His name, because He deserves my life and my everything. Praise be to You, Lord! I have a loving God, who listens to my every cry, hears my every laugh, sees my every deed and watches my every step. He knows my most inner parts. He knows my future, my past, every deep nook and cranny of my soul. And even with all the bad stuff that's in there, He loves me. Enough that He would die for me. DIE for me. And then rise again. Because He's awesome, and amazing, and mysterious, and wonderful, and loving, and all the things I wish I was but can't seem to be! He is my Saviour and friend, my lover, the redeemer of my soul. WOW, I have an amazing God! :) So do you. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home