Living Sacrifice

Saturday, January 29, 2005

I've been putting off blogging for a few days because I haven't really been sure what to write about. It seems that so much is going on, yet at the same time, not really all that much, if that makes sense at all. I now have my resume finished, and it's ready to be sent away to at least a couple places, but I keep putting it off....all I have to do is print it out and send it.......but I'm having a hard time doing that. Fear, mostly, I suppose, though I don't really know what I have to fear.......God has a place for me somewhere. I need to deal with some trust issues.

I went to a prayer night at OBF from 12am to 7am on Thursday night/Friday morning. It was really really awesome.....to see people gathering so late to unite and seek God. I found out that the owner of Kofenya is not only really nice and good with business, but is also a fantastic singer and worshiper (she as one of many people who played and sang for worship during the night). The whole night really reminded me of a house of prayer. Some structure, yet not really at all, yet it all still went so smoothly. Very sweet scriptures shared spontaneously, and this one thing that a girl named Megan shared about communion was just completely awe-striking. I asked her for a copy, found out she was in one of my classes with me, and so she's bringing me a copy sometime soon. If it's not too long, I plan to type it up and post it on here, because it's incredible....about the symbolism of communion and Christ's relationship and sacrifice for us. It's awesome.

Random Note: I thought for a couple seconds that I broke my foot today. Haha I was be-bopping around my apartment, and my foot went sideways. Down I went! I think I did hear something crack or pop or something, but after a couple seconds I got up and walked it off. Now it's just a little swollen I think and kind of sore, but nothing to be concerned about I don't think. Just makes for a good laugh. That's what I get for prancing around my apartment.

Anyway, to sum up my life right now, I feel like God is showing me a lot of truths, some that I need to deal with directly, and some to encourage me. I'm excited about what He's doing in my life and the lives of those around me. I see people who are so passionate about His love, people who really want to seek His face and are desiring something deeper than what our culture can offer. I'm excited about finding that deep place to dwell with my Father. His love is so great. So great.

On that note, time for bed. Not sleeping for one night really plays a toll, especially by 1:30am the next night.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home