Living Sacrifice

Monday, May 23, 2005

Well, I got to see Stomp this weekend with my parents and Lace, it was AWESOME!! That was my second time seeing them.....last time was about 8 years ago I think. Man, I really wanted to stand up and dance around the theater, but that didn't seem like it would be appropriate. lol Feeling those rythyms and beats, though, made me think of worship. There's just something about certain beats and using our bodies to make music, and I couldn't help but think "WOW! This would be like the ultimate job to have." I am realizing more and more that I think I need to eventually do something with music....I'm not very good at any one instrument, but honestly, there's something in me I think.....something possibly God has instilled in me......I just have a passion for music, and anytime I sing or hear music, it's almost like something inside of me happens. This doesn't necessarily mean I have to be a famous musician or something....I could even see myself starting a recording studio someday.....or running a soundboard. I don't know....anything that has to do with music. And though I don't have the skills, I've been realizing that I love dancing, too. I think I just never gave myself the chance.

Anyway, being graduated now, I am thinking a lot about career stuff, and so this is why this has all been on my mind. But back to Stomp....they are AMAZING, and if you ever get the chance to go, I think even if you don't like music or percussion, you can still enjoy their show. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home