Living Sacrifice

Friday, May 13, 2005

GOD STUFF

Wow, how does it seem that when you allow yourself to get into a conversation with someone, God always seems to come up somehow? I think it's awesome. Tonight was a most amazing experience of God orchestrating and loving on multiple levels.

Vir, Kara, and I decided to go uptown to Hole in the Wall to visit Misty for her birthday. There weren't many people there, and she was really happy to see us (and visa versa!) I wish she could see how beautiful she is.......but anyway, two girls randomly introduced themselves to us, one who was named Dana and who continued to talk to us. All Kara did was mention that she was studying Russian, and then it was "what for?" or something along those lines, and Kara mentioned mission work, and it was off from there! I mostly listened while Vir and Dana had a most amazing conversation about relationships with God as Dana talked about her whole life story....which sounds like it has been very tough for her. Vir shared a lot of Truth with her while also listening so compassionately. I love how Vir can relate to people so well....she's amazing. The whole conversation went really well, and Vir even had a word from God to give Dana. It was awesome. I hope to see her again sometime, and just being at the bar tonight made me realize that a lot of broken people dwell there.....and when there's alcohol involved, they open up more, too. Not saying that people should drink in order to share, but it is interesting how willing people become to share their deeper thoughts and inner hurts and feelings when intoxicated. But anyway, we went into the bar tonight to visit Misty, which we got to do, but God had something else in mind, and that was because He wanted Dana to know how much she is loved by Him. :) And I think she got a glimpse of that.

Oh, and during the conversation some time, something really sweet happened. Dana was talking about how she can see things in people, and so she proceeded to tell each of us something about ourselves. She looked at Vir and said "You've been through some sh** in your life," (and she said it in a compassionate way...not offensively). Then she looked at Kara and told her that she was really sweet and innocent (which is totally true). And then she looked at me..........and said said "And you are beautiful." I almost cired. She continued to tell me that I try to hide it by trying to be someone I'm not. I'm not sure what happened just then....when she told us all those things.....but I feel like it was from God....maybe the Holy Spirit working through her without her really knowing. Regardless, it was completely and utterly awesome.......and what else should I expect? I serve a completely and utterly awesome God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home