Living Sacrifice

Friday, April 22, 2005

I apologize for not posting sooner, and I'm sorry about the last couple posts, too. I thought about deleting them, but then I wouldn't be able to come back and read them later on and see where I've been and where God has taken me.....to learn from my past. And for others to hopefully learn and benefit from my struggles. So, my bad posts stay.

Anyway, I wish that I had taken the time to blog over the past week, because soooooo many amazing things have been happening. Huge mile stones in my life. God things. His grace and mercy is so beyond my comprehension, as is His love for me. Through tears, I finally broke down and confessed where I am in front of my church family on Sunday. I admitted I needed their help, I needed their prayers, their support, because I am tired of struggling on my own. I opened doors. I made a huge step in the healing process, and only by the power of God was I able to break that barrier. Many tears were shed by me and others. The whole atmosphere was filled with God and very powerful to say the least. I serve an amazing God.

Then, on Tuesday night, I received more prayer (because one guy felt he and his wife and another guy should pray for me) and it was all very encouraging. Prayers that made sense to where I'm at in my life right now. And I just couldn't understand why these people would want to take the time to sit and pray over me. Another example of God showing me how much He loves me. He loves me enough to put me on the hearts of others. I'm that important to Him! Sweet.

Other than that, I've had at least one shared meal a day with brothers and sisters in Christ, and that in itself has been uplifting and pretty amazing. I'm so thankful.....so thankful.....for fellow believers who are willing to sacrifice time, energy, money, and love for me.

I have (most likely temporarily) given up my leadership position as worship leader at church so I can have time to do whatever it is I need to do. I feel like I'm really at a transitioning phase in my life, and I didn't feel like I should be a leader in the church at this time. So.....where I will go from here, not really sure. Time will tell. And God will reveal.

I have so much more I could write, but I'll end with this. If the power steering ever goes out on your car, just leave it alone for about 2 1/2 months and then take someone out who doesn't know how to drive stick shift so they can stall it many times and cause it to jolt really really hard and miraculously repair your power steering (yes, this happened to me!) lol I don't know how long it will last, but let me tell you, it is SOOOOOO much easier to park now! I'll relish in it while it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home