Living Sacrifice

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Well, I don't know if he ever reads this, but today (well, technically yesterday) is Micah Gangwer's birthday, just so everyone knows. :) Happy Birthday Micah!!!

And my lifes goes on. I've been experiencing many things lately, some good, and not really good at all, and I'm just trying to figure things out. I'm at a point in my life where things can be very exciting, but very depressing as well. So, I'm learning how to work with that and keep pressing on. Thank God for mercy and grace over me.

Out of all the things lately, I think something that is worth mentioning is an idea (or really, just a reminder) of just plain old taking the first step to start a conversation with someone. I realized that over the past couple years, I have become so involved in my own world that I am literally always thinking about me in situations rather than other people and what I can do for them. But anyway....I went into Jimmy Johns the other day, and most of the time, I think we just walk through the motions of life and forget we are dealing with other people who have lives and emotions. What happened was so simple, but so significant. The employee waiting on me simply asked about my name tag.....asking where I worked (because my name tag says "Great Escape" instead of Princess 4). And just because of that simple question, we were able to have a conversation, and I think we both left the conversation with our day a bit brighter. And I thought "wow....such a simple concept....to merely show interest in someone else's life." So, I want to start working on that....reaching out to people by asking simple questions or just showing interest in something small. It's a great way to connect to people and let them know you care. And I know this all sounds so simple, but honestly, I've allowed myself to forget a lot of simple things in life. In the end, though, it really is all very simple. It comes down to one word: love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home