Living Sacrifice

Friday, June 10, 2005

Well, I thought I would post before my internet service is disconnected. It's supposed to go out sometime today, and then I'll be internet-less for a month and a half. Wow.

Anyway, life is full of planning for vacation right now. If I have my head in the right place, I think this might end up being the coolest vacation I have ever taken. I'm really starting to get excited about it. I will be spending a week and a half with my parents and little sis in California, and then I will have a week to myself to explore the Northwest US. I placed my itinerary at the bottom of the post. If you want more details, I have addresses and phone numbers of the places I will be staying when I am on my own.

I really feel like I have become somewhat dead in my life. I feel very distant from God, I find it hard to pray and focus, I find my thoughts being where they shouldn't, and I just feel like I am walking through the motions of life and not really experiencing anything. I don't feel like I am making memories. But anyway, I don't expect a vacation to fix this, but I do feel like this vacation was a blessing from God as His way of saying "Look how much I love you....enough to give you the vacation you've always wanted." I think I posted about the little story of when I found out I was going out West. God does love me that much.....but that's easy to say but much harder to believe and understand. Anyway, I just hope that I don't let this opportunity of enjoying God's creation pass me by because of all the crap I let get in the way of my relationship with God. I hope it can be a time of running back to Him.

I am also excited about a new camera I will be receiving from Spencer and Jason in the very near future for a graduation present! Spen showed me pictures of it.....it looks AWESOME!! I can't wait to use it on the trip, and that hopefully means many more pictures on my blog! :)

Anyway, life is not necessarily bad right now....just kind of lacking. The readings in the mornings with Spen at Glenn and Cathy's have helped remind me that the first thing I do when I wake up should be to focus on God. I think it's made a difference in my days. Maybe it's the first step in becoming alive again in Christ, because I'm tired of feeling like the living dead.


KIM'S VACATION ITINERARY:

June 16th: leave Columbus, Ohio for Los Angeles, California; stay in Marina Del Ray for 2 nights

June 18th: Morro Bay

June 19th: San Francisco for 2 nights

June 21st: Not sure...need to ask my mom about this. She left out the 21st on the list

June 22nd: Yosemite National Park for 2 nights

June 24th: Lake Tahoe for 2 nights

June 26th: Parents and Lace fly back, I drive to Crater Lake, Oregon

June 27th: Mt. Saint Helens

June 28th: Seattle, Washington

June 29th: Camping at Wilderness Gateway in Idaho

June 30th: Yellowstone National Park, 2 nights

July 2nd: Denver, Colorado

July 3rd: Fly back to Columbus, Ohio from Denver

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home